Sanctuary Health has a permanent job vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Band 5 Staff Nurse - Surgical to work in Guernsey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent Staff Nurse role is £26,404 - £34,173 per annum.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary team which is made up of medical specialists, therapists and a wide range of consultant nurses, you will work across acute services which include pain management, infection control, diabetes, breast care, urology, stoma care and osteoporosis.
- As an effective role model, you will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care for patients, delivering this within the current ward philosophy
- Finally, and under the direction of the Nurse in charge, regularly act as ward co-ordinator as well as taking charge of the ward and supervising nursing staff on a regular basis.
- Successful applicants will be invited to Guernsey to attend an expenses paid panel interview. We offer a competitive salary and you will be entitled to an annual bonus of £1,167 and an additional bonus of £3,000 payable after two and four years of continuous service*.
- You will benefit from having your professional subscriptions paid, support with your NMC revalidation, excellent training opportunities up to masters level and free parking across the Island, including all of our Health and Social Care sites. We will also honour your NHS service for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and we offer our staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays. There is also the possibility of transferring your NHS pension into our compulsory pension scheme.
- Successful candidates will be provided with a Long Term Employment Permit. This permit will allow you to become a permanent resident and will extend to any family members who reside with you.
- We offer an attractive relocation package** and, if you rent private accommodation, you will be entitled to a £5,000 lump sum, a rent allowance payable over 2 years and a house purchase grant where applicable. As an alternative, we also offer single subsidised staff accommodation and a £500 lump sum to support your relocation.
Requirements of the Staff Nurse:
- Valid NMC registration
- A degree or equivalent within nursing
- UK Nursing experience
- Evidence of effective communication skills; with particular reference to multi-disciplinary team working, service users, carers and managers.
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- Understanding and ability to apply evidence based care.
- Evidence of self and professional development.
- Portfolio of evidence to meet KSF agreed criteria.
- Experience co-ordinating ward activities, delegating appropriately.
This Staff Nurse role is advertised by Victor Rosado; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.