Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Unit Manager (Registered General Nurse) to work full-time with a leading healthcare provider based in Nottingham. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of general nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent Unit Manager role is £37,598 per annum.
- Working as Unit Manager you will provide leadership and guidance to the Clinical Nursing Team and ensure the effectiveness of a quality rehabilitation service for clients with very complex neurological conditions.
- To ensure the standards of practice within the Unit are maintained at the highest possible standard.
- Taking a leadership role in implementing change as required
- Providing effective leadership for the team promoting yourself as a role model.
- Providing clinical supervision, induction and development of staff.
- Participating in the preparation and attend clinical and management meetings.
- Ensuring quality and consistency of duties of named Nurses and Key Workers through supervision and support.
- Coordinating and be actively involved in regular staff meetings and care review meetings.
- Contributing to nursing profile and occupancy level reports as required by Line Manager.
- Ensuring that areas of substandard practice are managed and reported as appropriate.
- Checking relevant invoices for accuracy and forward to line manager.
- Ensuring policies are procedures within the Centre are adhered to.
- To be an advocate for patients and staff.
- Promoting, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all members of the clinical nursing team and multidisciplinary team.
- Managing sickness and absence within team and maintain all required documentation associated.
- Ensuring rotas provide adequate skill mix and cover for the unit and be willing to cover on-call hours as required.
- Taking responsibility for own professional & personal development through the performance and development reviews and attending all relevant training
- Complying with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety and Fire Safety etc.
Requirements of the Unit Manager:
- You will be a registered nurse and will have a valid NMC pin
- A genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development.
- A degree or equivalent within nursing
- Have 3 years post registration experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Have a minimum of 1 years' experience in a leadership role
This Unit Manager role is advertised by Marlon Sorhaindo; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.