Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Health & Social Care Commissioner to work full-time (37.5 hours per week) based in Southwark, within the Integrated Commissioning Team.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Health & Social Care Commissioner job is £450 per day and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Making arrangements to secure public involvement in the planning and commissioning of healthcare services
- Contributing to the boroughs’ Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) and the Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategies led by the Health and Wellbeing Boards
- Adhering to relevant principles of good governance and carrying out its functions effectively, efficiently and economically
- Working with the local authorities and their partners to improve the wellbeing of children and their families, as well as supporting community care assessments, local education and the police, prison services and probation services
- Providing more systematic and proactive management of chronic disease to improve health outcomes
- Empowering patients and encouraging self-care
- Integrating models of care
- Ensuring urgent care systems maximise appropriate access of care for patients
- Improving access to services
- Working in a single CCG
- Work more closely or as part of mixed teams with local authorities, trusts or other partners
- On occasion to travel to and potentially work in different CCG borough locations
- Have a significant role in building working relationships and collaboration between Partnership Southwark partners
- Support the development of the Borough Based team in Southwark by working with the core team to co-ordinate the delivery of a complex programme of work centred around delivery of the core South East London and Southwark core priorities
- Significantly contribute to planning for continuous reduction in health and wellbeing inequalities across the borough in collaboration with the wider system through Partnership Southwark
Requirements of the Senior Health & Social Care Commissioner:
- Educated to masters level or equivalent level of experience of working at a senior level in specialist area
- Current Social Work England registration
- Be aligned to and will contribute to the delivery of a specified programme of work which will focus on a defined population within Southwark
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to communicate highly complex, sensitive or contentious information succinctly and in difficult environments, in an organised and appropriate manner both verbally and in writing
- Able to understand a broad range of highly complex information quickly and making decisions where opinions differ/no obvious solution
- Demonstrated capability to plan over short, medium and long-term timeframes and adjust plans and resource requirements accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to drive development and delivery of integrated commissioning, business cases, transformation and detailed implementation plans to support transformation of specific services as identified by the overarching programme
- Ability to develop mechanisms to facilitate involvement of patients and the public in the development of the new models of care across the specific population
- Ability to take responsibility for the development, management and maintenance of systems that support transformation
- Strong project and programme management approaches including project planning, development of Project Initiation Documents, set up and maintenance of risk and issue logs, highlight reporting
- Able to provide advice and to prepare complex strategic reports/briefings for internal stakeholders and others as required
- Have and utilise their planning skills to ensure that there is a robust approach to the delivery of the programme and the associated projects
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Senior Health & Social Care Commissioner job is advertised by Billy Holland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.