Sanctuary Health has a permanent job vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Learning Disability Nurse to work full-time based in East Sussex. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of mental health nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent Learning Disability Nurse Nurse role is £29,574 - £32,255 per annum.
- The role of the Registered Learning Disabilities Staff Nurse is to work as an effective member of the Multi-Disciplinary team.
- Promote the best interests of the clients and carers and ensure that prescribed nursingcare is effectively implemented.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe care environment.
- Exercise professionalaccountability and responsibility using professional skills, knowledge and expertise in changing environments and work within the scope of professional practice.
- Deliver prescribed care to a defined group within an agreed framework.
- Assess, plan and deliver, with the patient and their carer/family, nursing care which takes accountf
- patient choice and wishes and acting as the patients named nurse.
- Accurately observe and engage with patients in order to assess their need and evaluate their progress.
- Monitor and review Nursing Care plans.
- Evaluate and respond to changes in patients condition and needs.
- Deal proactively and effectively with suggestions and complaints from patients and their families /
- Contribute to a team approach to patient care in conjunction with all members of the Multi-Disciplinary
- Participate in regular clinical and non-clinical meetings and attend other meetings as requested
- Prioritise nursing duties and delegate appropriately and effectively within the shift co-ordination
- Framework, working as nurse in charge as required, ensuring as far as reasonable practicable a safe
- Maintain a continued level of personal professional development in accordance to preceptorship and
- Competitive salary (Plus Location Allowance)
- Enhancements of 20% for unsociable hours and evenings, 50% bank holidays, 30% overtime.
- £5000 Welcome to priory bonus
- Free onsite parking
- Lunchtimes with your colleagues in the highly subsidised staff restaurant.
- NMC payment in full
- Referal Scheme - Introduce others and earn £1000
- Flexible Priory Group benefits including company pension scheme
- Opportunities for continuous professional and independent development including funding external training and qualifications, mentorship and supervision
- Access to unique training scheme through our 'career pathways' programme.
- In addition to annual leave which increases along with your service you have a day off on your birthday.
Requirements of the Learning Disability Nurse Nurse:
- Degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
- NMC registration and a valid live pin
- Experience within a similar role
This Registered Nurse role is advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.