Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and supportive recruitment company currently has a job based in Kent for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within an Adults Specialist Community Disability Service. The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £28 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 6-month contract.
- Working in a Specialist Community Disability Service (25+ Pod) and to support the SCDS Intake rota responsibilities, is to specifically cover various statutory minimum services.
- The Social Worker would allow for case reallocation of Care Act Assessment and Support Planning and to complete statutory safeguarding work, mental capacity assessments and Deprivation of Liberty applications. This will relieve pressure on the more experienced social workers within the team, who in turn can take on some more complex work to free up the Senior Social Workers to supervise staff more effectively.
- Help to reduce the waiting list times for statutory intervention and curtail increased risk around care and support through timely, preventative interventions.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults’ Services
- Experience of working directly with people with care and support needs
- Experience of liaising and working with other agencies and professionals
- Experience of working under pressure and managing competing demands
- Ability to work effectively alongside adults in need of care and support, and their carers
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally, and in writing
- Ability to use training and supervision constructively
- Ability to work within professional boundaries
- Ability to use self, and professional knowledge and theory in practice
- Assessment skills and the ability to assess and manage risks
- The ability to effectively prioritise work in accordance with demand and risk
- Ability to reflect on and be aware of own training and development needs, and to identify how these will be met
- Skills to promote and sustain effective professional relationships with others, including people with care and support needs, other professionals and relevant agencies
- Ability to work collaboratively with people with care and support needs in order to manage risks, and to achieve identified outcomes
- Ability to demonstrate professional credibility in a wide range of settings
- Ability to work within scope of practice and recognise when to seek support
- Ability to work autonomously and also as part of a team
- Commitment to equal opportunities; anti-Discriminatory & non judgmental ways of working
Benefits of Working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- A free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley McSheen; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.