Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for an Outreach Nurse to work based in Barnet.
The pay rate for this locum Outreach Nurse job is £25 - £35 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
This role may involve evening, weekend and bank holiday working.
- Support access to health care and promote the social inclusion of people who are homeless or rough sleeping
- Work in an assertive outreach capacity to improve physical and mental wellbeing of service users who are hard to reach
- Develop local referral routes to improve access to healthcare services, removing barriers to healthcare for service users by identifying and addressing gaps in local areas
- Work in conjunction with health, social care, housing, other public and voluntary sector providers to ensure a holistic approach is taken to improve the health and wellbeing of the service user
- Deliver healthcare interventions including screening, medical reviews, BBV tests, wound care
- Identify and refer of individuals with substance-misuse issues into assessment and structured treatment
- Proactively engage with “hard to reach” groups through Street Outreach and liaison with Outreach Teams and Hostel staff
- Increase the knowledge & understanding of hostel/homeless staff to support the management of residents’ health with a focus on harm-reduction issues
- Use nursing skills and knowledge to carry out physical and psycho-social assessments for the homeless population
- Provide clinical / therapeutic treatments based on best possible evidence that will improve health outcomes for the homeless population
- Undertake non-medical prescribing and to ensure that other duties in relation to medicines management meet required professional and Trust standards
- Provide screening for blood borne viruses (BBV), through dry blood spot testing
- Work within and consolidate integrated care and treatment pathways for individuals who are identified as being infected with BBV/s (Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and/or HIV)
- Work in partnership with other community teams/voluntary organisations in order to ensure the seamless delivery of care to the homeless population, including Homeless Action in Barnet and Barnet Homes
- Act as an advocate for people experiencing homelessness, supporting the individual’s own choices regarding their care whilst promoting independence and self-care
- Consistently champion the principles of self-care and patient empowerment
- Undertake phlebotomy, as required, ensuring adherence to identified pathways for blood sample labelling, collection, obtaining results and signposting
- Use blood results to support the assessment the current health status of service users, the need for specialist medical referral and the suitability for community detoxification
- Refer for specialist inpatient services (including detoxification) and liaise with hospital and inpatient unit staff
- Contribute to CGL Naloxone Strategy by training staff and service users in the use of naloxone
- Offer wound care assessment and basic wound dressing to service users
- Organise signposting to other services as required, and ensure clear pathways into other treatment arenas as appropriate
- Develop therapeutic alliances with the homeless population and develop effective partnerships with them to support their individual health needs, offering health promotion and harm reduction advice
Requirements of the Outreach Nurse:
- Relevant qualification
- Current NMC registration required
- Recent UK nursing experience
- Flexible, creative, and innovative approach to reducing health inequalities for street- based service users
- Understand what it means to you in your respective role, to your team and to service delivery
- Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to best safeguarding practice, making awareness of documentation and referral pathways at your service a priority and taking immediate and appropriate action as necessary
- Willing to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check at an enhanced level
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Outreach Nurse job is advertised by Rihana Chowdhury; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.