Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a job based in Croydon for a Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse (CPN) to work 37.5 hours per week within the Assessment & Liaison Team.
The pay rate for this full-time role is £29.52 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 6-month contract.
- Monday – Friday
- 09:00 am – 17:00 pm
Requirements of the Community Mental Health Nurse:
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) or other professional registration e.g. Social Work and Occupational Therapy
- Mentorship Course (or other relevant teaching/assessment course)
- EPJS system knowledge – desirable
- Safeguarding system knowledge -desirable
- Willing to undertake a DBS check
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Diploma/Degree Course
- Mentorship Training
- Ability to assess formulate and plan care
- An ability to develop therapeutic relationships with service users, identifying their care needs
- Experience of working in Home Treatment Teams or Psychiatric Liaison or equivalent environment
- Experience in managing safeguarding issues
- Experience in carrying out detailed assessments, formulating and planning care
- Experience of working in an MDT setting
- Experience of managing a caseload
- Experience of Interagency working
- A knowledge and understanding of the needs of people with mental health problems
- Experience of racial awareness/diversity training/cultural competence
- Current up to date knowledge of relevant legislation
- A knowledge of evidence based interventions for people with complex mental health problems
- Skilled in therapeutic interpersonal communication
- Skilled in the communication of sensitive issues
- Knowledge of wider local organisations to support recovery plans for service users
- Ability to present information both written and oral and communicate this effectively
- Ability to role model, reflect and provide evidence of conflict resolution
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to independently conduct bio-psycho-social assessments and the safe and effective assessment and management of risk
- Skilled in the assessment and monitoring of common physical health problems and able to deliver appropriate care
- Recognition of own limitations, strengths and weaknesses and an ability to seek advice when necessary
- Ability to gain easily the trust, confidence and respect of service users, their relatives and staff of a variety of levels and disciplines
- Ability to use computerised information and communication systems
- Innovative, creative and a willingness to try something new
- Ability to facilitate groups
- Methodical approach to work with attention to detail
- Basic computer skills
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive mental health nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Community Mental Health Nurse job is advertised by Andrew Cleeve; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.