Sanctuary Personnel, a committed and competitive recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse (CPN) to work based in Harlow, within the Crisis 24 Team.
The pay rate for this locum role is £27.17 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 1-month contract.
- Work as a member of the MDT in providing high quality, evidence-based, holistic assessments, and care to patients in line with your professional code of conduct and Trust policies.
- Work with non-statutory and statutory services to support people while in crisis.
- Conduct initial assessments, develop, and agree collaborative care plans, and deliver a range of interventions based upon individual needs. Assessments and interventions can take place in patient’s homes, team bases, hospital, and other community settings or via tele-coaching and through the use of assisted technology and online forums. The successful candidate will be working within the North East Essex area conducting assessments and interventions over a twenty four hour period.
- Produce accurate and timely documentation, conduct, and manage the maintenance of accurate and timely documentation / records on all service users in line with your professional code of conduct and Trust policy.
- Attend multi-disciplinary meetings i.e. referral / review / business.
- Provide psycho-social intervention, education, and support to develop service users understanding of mental illness with aim to prevent relapse and admission and training packages for staff through a range of mediums.
- Provide practical support, guidance and education for patients, carers.
- Provide and oversee the management and care of patients.
Requirements of the Community Mental Health Nurse:
- Registration (Mental Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker).
- Previous experience working as a CPN.
- A degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained).
- Mentorship preparation.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Proven experience of working in a health, social care or community setting as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proven experience of working with people with mental health conditions and vulnerable service users.
- Proven experience of conducting and contributing to ongoing assessments.
- Ability to conduct risk assessments of the individual in the service user environment.
- Experience in providing psycho-social interventions.
- Understanding of / and the ability to conduct assessments and review of care in line with the requirements of the mental health care clusters.
- Excellent IT skills i.e. Word / Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and understanding of health legislation, principles of CPA and Care Management, Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act 1983 and safeguarding, the NHS Constitution, and risk assessment / management.
- Commitment to ongoing learning through CPD for self and others within operational area
- Literate in IT/Computer Skills.
- Good oral communication skills based on fluency on the English language.
- Take on the role of lead practitioner.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive mental health nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 6 Community Mental Health Nurse job is advertised by Andrew Cleeve; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.