Sanctuary Health has a permanent vacancy for a Charge Nurse to work full-time within a Specialist DBT Ward based in West Sussex. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Mental Health Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent Charge Nurse job is £40,289 per annum + £5000 welcome bonus.
- Being a clear leader for the nursing team on the ward and managing shifts
- Deputising for the Ward Manager providing cover and assisting with the day to day management of the ward and team
- Providing high quality care and leading by example to junior staff
- Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
- Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
- Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
Some of the benefits we offer are:
- 25 days' annual leave increasing to 30 days with length of service - plus 8 bank holidays.
- £5000 Welcome bonus (£1000 on starting, £1000 on completion of probation, then £1000 on completion of first second and third years service).
- Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
- Subsidised Professional Membership and Registration
- Career development through Staff Nurse grading system
- Free meals/refreshments when on duty
- Free car parking
- Payment into the pension scheme
- Private medical cover and Life assurance
Requirements of the Charge Nurse:
- Degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN/RNLD/RMNH)
- NMC registration and a valid live pin
- A recognised mentoring certificate (Desirable)
- At least 3 years post registration experience
- The ability to assess and teach junior staff
- A proven ability to co-ordinate care, prioritise tasks and manage Health & Safety issues
This Charge Nurse job is advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.