Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for an Administrator to work based in Salisbury.
The pay rate for this locum Administrator role is £10.81 per hour (PAYE) and is a 3-month contract.
- 37 hours per week.
- Provide comprehensive administration and secretarial support to multidisciplinary teams, wards or departments including named medical staff, junior medical staff and the system-wide multi-disciplinary team.
- Be the first point of contact for that team, ward or department and could involve duties such as meeting and greeting visitors, receiving initial enquiries and directing telephone calls.
- Maintain diaries and arrange meetings, taking formal minutes and keeping appropriate records on the most up to date templates.
- Exchange verbal and written information with patients, staff and carers relating to appointments, admissions, and meetings etc.
- Provide and receive routine and complicated information, including dealing with enquiries from external stakeholders and the public. This may include sensitive information.
- Liaise with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal to the organisation and external, including Medical Staff, Multidisciplinary Teams (Community or Inpatient), Services Users and Carers, Health and Social Care teams, Third sector/voluntary agencies, Community groups and local authority provision, Other statutory agencies e.g. Police, Ministry of Justice etc.
- To manage both telephone and face to face contacts with distressed service users in a supportive and empathetic manner.
- Type patient reports/correspondence/e-mails as required, deal with telephone/face to face enquiries from patients. Input accurate and up to date patient data onto the Rio system.
- Produce confidential correspondence and reports on a frequent basis.
- Clerical duties including photocopying and scanning.
- Undertake surveys or audits as necessary to own work. May be asked to contribute to audit and research projects within the service to inform service development and standards.
- Plan own workload to ensure that weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual tasks are met.
- Assist patients during incidental contact, to provide non-clinical advice or information to patients/relatives or carers.
Requirements of the Administrator:
- RSA 3 Word Processing (or equivalent level of expertise).
- BSMA – Certificate in Medical terminology – or equivalent qualification /experience.
- Knowledge of routine and non-routine secretarial procedures acquired through qualification or experience.
- Experience of working as part of a team.
- Experience of general office routine and filing systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to take and convey clear messages.
- Ability to work under some pressure.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Plan and prioritise own workload.
- Advanced typing skills.
- Empathy for individuals who have experienced mental health problems and ability to cope with behaviour which may be challenging at times.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that are not available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive recruitment knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Administrator role is advertised by Ben Fincham; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.