Sanctuary Personnel, an award-winning and renowned Recruitment Agency is looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Practice Development & Quality Assurance Coordinator to work full-time based in Castel.
The salary for this permanent Practice Development & Quality Assurance Coordinator job is £58,166 per annum.
- Support the Service Manager for Safeguarding & Quality Assurance in delivering the activities linked to the Quality and Performance Framework for Children & Family Community Services
- Have a key role in assuring the quality of services to protect and safeguard the welfare of children and young people in Guernsey & Alderney, with the aim of significantly improving outcomes for children and young people
- Ensure the robust triangulation of audit findings together with obtaining, collating and reporting feedback from children and families and multi-agency partners
- Have difficult conversations, deliver honest, objective, and evidenced based evaluations of service provision, confidently and respectfully challenge practitioners, managers, and senior leaders with the aim of giving an accurate account of performance and service delivery with the overall goal of continual service improvement to deliver the best outcomes to children and families
- Support the children’s social care workforce by delivering training and learning activities linked to quality assurance outcomes, and by reviewing trends and areas of concern identified through audit findings and other data collection
- Offer support and guidance to student social workers and managers supporting social workers in their first year of practice (ASYE)
- Seeking regular feedback from children, young people and families, working collaboratively with multi-agency professionals within the Islands Safeguarding Children Partnership (ISCP)
- Develop and participate in the delivery of an in- service training and development program within Children and Family Community Services, to include health and social care
- Prepare a monthly report to the operational teams via Practice Improvement Meetings on the outcome of audit findings and Service User feedback
- Report monthly to the Children and Family Community Services Central Governance Forum on practice and quality assurance issues as required
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring sufficient professional development needs are identified and raised with the Service Manager for Safeguarding & QA in order to support one’s own learning (in accordance with the continual professional development requirements to maintain registration with Social Work England)
Requirements of the Practice Development & Quality Assurance Coordinator:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children’s Services
- Gained accreditation in one of the following or equivalent - Practice Educator training/Accredited CPD equivalent training
- Experience working at a minimum of Senior Social Work Practitioner level and supporting and influencing strategic decision making
- Specialist knowledge of safeguarding children acquired through training and experience
- Proven experience to transfer knowledge and skills to colleagues through coaching mentoring and co-working with students, NQSW and junior social work colleagues
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to a range of audiences including children, young people, parents/ carers and professional colleagues at an advanced level
- Experience in developing and maintaining expertise of the established and emergent research and practice relating to the service area, and be able to evidence involvement in activities leading to practice development across the organization
- Be enthusiastic and motivated and able to motivate others
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload within a flexible work environment with a high level of autonomy, modelling workload management skills to others
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to make complex information access to others for the purposes of training and development
This Practice Development & Quality Assurance Coordinator job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.