Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Band 6 Mental Health Practitioner to work full-time based in Lincoln.
The salary for this Mental Health Practitioner job is £39,027 per annum.
- Work within the context of local and national drivers, providing specialist clinical care using assessment to make a diagnosis, treatments, refer appropriately and coordinate the patient’s journey across the health, social care, and voluntary sector system, regardless of care setting.
- Intervention and management of a caseload of patients, working as a specialist practitioner working to proactively monitor and anticipate changing phase of illness and health and social care needs of patients with serious mental illness.
- Act as a specialist practitioner, working with a caseload of people referred to them in a manner which demonstrates a specialist knowledge base and specialist clinical skills and competencies.
- Contribute to the work carried out by Neighbourhood colleagues from a mental health perspective.
- Triage, initial assessment, management, and prioritisation of a caseload of patients according to their health status, who are referred by various agencies including GP, hospital, case managers, social care, and independent sector promoting self-care, self-management, and independent living.
- Support GPs by providing advice, direct input, and where necessary primary care mental health assessment to inform intervention of appropriate secondary services.
- Improve clinical outcomes for patients by enabling them to function independently by increasing their choice to remain in their own home/community and reduce the need for or prevent inappropriate hospital admission.
- Undertake medicine management review and prescribe medicine and appliances for patients.
- Work within the Mental Capacity Act and safeguarding policy, refer to social services as per adult protection policies and complete all appropriate documentation.
Requirements of the Mental Health Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained).
- NMC registration and a valid live pin.
- Evidence of specialised continued professional training in clinical practice.
- Evidence of specialist training at diploma level or equivalent and evidence of CPD.
- Post-registration experience of working with adults with mental health needs
- Sound knowledge of the national agenda for mental health and knowledge of clinical/risk assessment and understanding of confidentiality.
- Sound knowledge of the Mental Health Act.
- IT skills – email, word processing, excel, systems use etc.
- Statistics ability and ability to analyse and interpret data and/or information.
- Full driving licence and access to personal vehicle.
This Band 6 Mental Health Practitioner job is advertised by Sadiq Rahman; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.