Sanctuary Health has a job vacancy for a Band 7 Specialist Practitioner (CPN) to work full-time within the Learning Disability Healthcare Team based in Wandsworth.
The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rate for this locum Specialist Practitioner role is £34.21 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 6-month contract.
- Contribute to the provision of a specialist Challenging Behaviour Pathway for adults with learning disabilities
- Provide specialist behavioural assessments and interventions to clients
- Undertaking direct assessment and intervention with the client and indirect assessment, monitoring and intervention with staff and/or carers
- Working across a variety of settings, including residential and day services and working in the multi-disciplinary team
- Work autonomously alongside clients, families, support workers and professionals to enable others to better understand and respond to behaviours that are challenging in line with PBS principles
- Work with wider stakeholders to deliver on the Transforming Care Agenda
- Provide strategic input to the team's Challenging Behaviour Pathway and undertake an influential role in shaping the team's approach to working with behaviours that challenge
- Supervise junior staff
- Use research skills to carry out audits, service evaluations and research activities relevant to the service
- Contribute to effective multidisciplinary team working ensuring that care is delivered in a holistic way that involves service users and carers
Requirements of the Specialist Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in Nursing
- Current NMC registration
- UK Experience within a similar role
Benefits of Working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive nursing knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- An industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Specialist Practitioner job is advertised by Deane Garrard; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.