Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Specialist Occupational Therapist to work within a multidisciplinary team within Stroke/Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) inpatient and community settings of HSC adult services based in Guernsey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for this permanent Occupational Therapist job is £34,763 - £47,094 per annum.
- To work as part of a multidisciplinary team within Stroke / Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) inpatient and community settings of HSC adult services.
- To be responsible for the delivery of a specialised Occupational Therapy service within Stroke/ABI team, and providing a seamless transfer of care.
- Provide supervision and facilitate professional development with Occupational Therapy Assistants and Occupational Therapy students.
- Have an active role in education of staff through in-service training, multi-disciplinary training programmes, IHSCS programmes, OT student training and work experience; and to work in an education role with other staff groups and with the wider multi-disciplinary team and outside agencies/charities.
- Have a commitment to working within a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) by collaboratively working with professional colleagues to provide a high standard of multi-disciplinary service.
- To undertake all clinical duties as an autonomous Occupational Therapist within the Multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate specialist knowledge and handling skills of those presenting with Stroke or ABI, including complex presentations, supported by the Clinical Lead Occupational Therapist.
- Use a range of Neurological Standardised assessments as well as functional assessments to determine a specialised treatment programme for each service user.
- Formulate and deliver an individualised treatment plan based on sound clinical reasoning and evidence based practice. To be able to monitor and modify treatment in order to measure progress and ensure effective intervention.
- To demonstrate a high level of clinical effectiveness through use of evidence based practice.
- To use specialist knowledge, training and experience to plan and implement client centred care for service users with complex cognitive, physical, communication or social needs across both hospital and community settings.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Hold a Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy or be a graduate of a School of Occupational Therapy recognized by the World Federation of Occupational Therapist.
- HCPC Registration.
- Evidence of postgraduate CPD.
- More than 3 years post graduate experience of working as an Occupational Therapist across a variety of clinical areas.
- Post-registration experience in stroke and or acquired brain injury in either clinical or community setting.
- Evidence of relevant post graduate training in specialist area.
- Advanced clinical reasoning and problem solving skills (in stroke and/ or acquired brain injury).
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise and delegate appropriately to manage own workload yet able to recognise the need for and seek support when necessary.
- Have experience working in a multi-disciplinary team gaining an awareness of team dynamics and developed good interpersonal skills and the maturity / self-confidence to form effective working relationships.
- Flexible approach to working to meet changing demands and needs.
- Managing challenging/confrontational situations.
- Experience of working with individuals with communication difficulties such i.e Aphasia.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of all areas of clinical governance including quality, audit and risk management.
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.