Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Worthing, within the Adult Lifelong Services.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker role is £32 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Provide West Sussex residents with the tools and support to help children, young people, and adults with Lifelong Disabilities to achieve the outcomes that are right for them. The team are creating a Lifelong Service for anyone that has a lifelong disability – learning disability, physical or sensory disability, acquired brain injury or autism – acquired before the age of 25, providing a consistent approach where we understand and work in partnership with children, young people, and adults with lifelong disabilities.
- Act as a professional representative for the service by delivering services to people who access or need the service, acting with integrity, professionalism, and respect on behalf of the organisation, ensuring at all times that the needs of individuals are paramount.
- Prepare for, and work with individuals, families, carers, groups, and communities to assess their needs and circumstances, implement care packages and evaluate and monitor progress considering best value care package options.
- Participate in a help desk/duty system and manage a caseload under regular supervision. Assess needs, risks and options taking into account all requirements.
- Contribute to Safeguarding Investigations and child/adult protection planning where appropriate.
- Prepare for, attend, contribute and participate fully in supervision.
- Use professional knowledge to negotiate with and on behalf of those people who access or need the service and with a wide range of providers and other professionals.
- Maintain accurate records of all work undertaken and produce case reports and correspondence for a variety of audiences including meetings, conferences, court, panels and other agencies.
- To develop effective working relationships and communicate effectively with those people who access or need the service, families, carers, colleagues and other professionals in order to deliver the appropriate interventions.
- Offer early intervention, build on an individual’s strengths to develop skills and independence, and build and promote links with the individual’s community.
- Undertake high quality assessments and reviews including mental capacity act assessments, responding to safeguarding enquiries, working as part of a team.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Able to organise your own workload, respond independently and creatively to unexpected problems and situations (with support from your line manager for advice and guidance on serious problems), and ability to take a person centred approach and work with families whilst ensuring the voice, views and aspirations of the individuals are heard in assessments and support planning.
- Undertake post qualifying training and maintain any records of training in line with HCPC requirements.
- Good assessment skills, including the ability to ensure regular reviews and risk management with a variety of individuals, carers or families.
- Able to work in partnership with carers, colleagues and external agencies to deliver an effective service.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and oral format, including the ability to explain complicated information to others and use negotiation and persuasion skills to encourage others to adopt a course of action.
- Theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of social work.
- Good, up-to-date working knowledge of legislation relevant to the specialist area of the post e.g. The Care Act and the Mental Capacity Act.
- Valid, full driving licence.
- Experience of managing levels of risk within a caseload.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley McSheen; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.