Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Social Work Practice Leader to work full-time based in Middlesbrough.
The pay rate for this locum Practice Leader job is £304.75 per day and is an initial 6-month contract.
There is a flexible working arrangement in place whereby successful applicants can be home based 60% and in the office 40% of their working week.
- Support an intense improvement programme linked to findings from audit and training
- Lead, model and develop excellent social work practice across children’s services in line with evidence based practice, research and learning underpinned by the Post qualifying KSS knowledge and skills statements
- Ensure all practice and case audit learning activity clearly informs our practice improvement work and there is a clear understanding of impact on the child and on practice
- Develop and deliver coaching and bespoke learning and practical support to enhance individual, teams and service areas to develop the quality of practice and performance, informed by improvement targets within team plans
- Provide appropriate challenge to practice ensuring focus is always on the child
- Develop consistent and high standards of professional and managerial competence amongst all staff
- Model and facilitate reflective practice
- Ensure that all Children’s Service Teams are fully aware of and adhere to all relevant statutory policy, codes of practice, procedural guidance and Practice reviews
- Work with the Principal Social worker to support the workforce development plan, including the development and delivery of Action Learning sets, workshops and bespoke training sessions
- Produce analytical reports and identify learning and actions required to drive improvements in service delivery
- Communicate, implement and review corporate policies, strategies and action plans consistent with the Council’s goals and values
- Supporting all Directorates, external partners, Third Sector and community organisations
- Support the general work of the Strategic Services Team
- Drive and support the implementation of new policies and practices
- Work closely and confidently within business, the community and the local authority
- Take the lead on designated policy tasks, as negotiated with the Policy Manager
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of policy and legislative developments
- Consulting with staff and stakeholders, including service users, writing and editing responses and articles, giving presentations and other relevant activities
- Contribute to writing policy resources including reviews, positions, briefings and blogs for a variety of stakeholders
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required
Requirements of the Practice Leader:
- A recognised and relevant professional social work qualification (Degree / Diploma in Social Work)
- Registered on Social Work England
- Management experience
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Practice Leader job is advertised by Liam Burgess; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.