Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Senior Social Worker to work based in Guildford, within the Learning Disability & Autism Team.
The salary for this permanent Senior Social Worker role is £44,500 per annum.
- To provide a professional social work service to adults their families and carers living in Surrey in line within the requirements of the Care Act.
- To engage with individuals, families, groups and communities to assess and intervene and using professional judgement employ a range of interventions promoting choice, control and independence.
- At this level the role holder will be more autonomous. They will demonstrate expert and effective practice in complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk, striking a balance between support and control, liaising with a wide range of professionals, including more senior levels.
- The role holder will assist individuals, carers and families to develop support plans to meet the outcomes identified, using an asset-based approach and family, friends and community options where appropriate and eligible needs are identified. They will actively encourage involvement and ownership of the support plan but to take a leadership role where appropriate and will give clear explanation of the use of Direct Payments so that informed decisions can be made.
- The role holder will actively promote wellbeing and independence, to enable individuals and carers to retain or regain their skills and confidence and prevent or delay deterioration. They will engage effectively with families to facilitate contingency planning to anticipate complexity and changing circumstances.
- They will ensure that individuals, carers, and families have a clear understanding of the NHS Continuing Health Care process and support where required. They will also ensure compliance with the Care Act and other relevant legislation when using advocacy services and carrying out reviews, including mental capacity assessments.
- The role holder will promote and sustain a learning culture and personal professional development through professional reflective supervision and guidance to less experienced Social Workers.
- Where required, they will take the role of practice educator (or train as a practice educator) for social work students and the role of ASYE assessor and supervisor for newly qualified social workers in the team.
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Able to work flexibly.
- Valid driving licence and access to vehicle.
- Willingness to travel across a wide geographical area.
- Competent in the use of basic IT skills.
- Competent use of basic numeracy skills and the ability to contribute to monitoring discussions regarding the use of budgets and resources.
- Experience of providing professional reflective supervision.
- In depth and up to date applied knowledge of relevant national and local policy, statutory guidance, and legislation in relation to the provision of social care services.
- Understanding of the principles of confidentiality and information governance and how these apply to social care.
- Understanding of diversity and how it affects practice.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and in a timely way with individuals, carers families, other professionals and team members which is clear, fluent, concise and jargon free and in a courteous calm and professional manner. This includes both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to effectively engage with people in complex situations both short-term and building professional relationships over time.
- Evidence of CPD and training.
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.