Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for a Waking Night Family Support Worker to work 40 hours per week based in Stockton.
The salary for this permanent Waking Night Family Support Worker job is £35,000 per annum.
The postholder will be required to operate shift patterns, including early starts and evening work plus weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Work directly with parents and their children from 0-3 years in a homely residential setting in the centre of Stockton-on-Tees close to the town centre
- Work as keyworkers to specific families in observing, assessing, supporting and guiding parents in developing safe parenting skills and helping them to develop their knowledge in order for them to understand healthy child development, the associated milestones and the part they play in this
- Lead and partake in group work with the families and colleagues and work directly with other specialist services in the local community as appropriate and as part of a team around the family within the centre
- Observations, interventions and liaison with families to be accurately captured by timely daily and weekly recording which will inform the final assessment and which may be required as part of the bundle of evidence required by the child’s social worker in court as part of Care Proceedings
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, including with children’s social workers and other external professionals
- Assess and respond to all safeguarding issues and ensure these are addressed in line with company and local safeguarding policies and procedures
- Support families to access and partake in activities, e.g., group work, one-to-one direct work sessions, training as appropriate and in line with their Family Placement Plans
- Operate in line with the Signs of Safety model, ensuring practice is inclusive with families, builds on strengths in order to enable them to effectively engage and actively encourages feedback in order to develop services
- Practice in a way which promotes equality and diversity within all areas of work
- Adhere to all policies and procedure within the centre
- Input and manage information as required through daily and weekly recording in respect of all family interventions
- Comply with all monitoring and evaluation systems, collect and monitor information as appropriate and provide reports when required
- Take responsibility for maintaining up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance relating to the user group
- Provide a flexible service to families in line with their needs including operating within a shift-work system including weekend and bank holiday work
- Attend meetings, both internally and externally, as required by the company
- Ensuring professional conduct at all times when representing the centre both within the premises and the community when supporting families
- Any other duties as required by the management team and in line with the Company’s business
Requirements of the Waking Night Family Support Worker:
- Minimum of a Level 3 qualification e.g., NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care
- A full driving license and access to a vehicle
- Experience of working in one or more of the following settings: Statutory Children’s Services/Health (including Mental Health)/Early Years/Nursery Provision/Children’s Residential Care/Counselling/Therapeutic Services/Substance Misuse Services/Domestic Abuse Support Services
- Ability to Lead or co-facilitate educational classes such as child development, parenting skills, household management/independent living skills, anger management etc
- Demonstrable patience and empathy in responding to the issues and challenges that families face in the Centre
- Ability to provide education, appropriate modelling techniques and several other supportive services as outlined in individual Family Placement Plans
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Good literacy and communication skills
- Proficient in the use of IT and administration
This Waking Night Family Support Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.