Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for a Unit Manager to work within a Children's Home based in Slough. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this permanent Unit Manager job is £43,757 - £48,536 per annum.
- Work closely with the Head of Service to effectively manage the staff team within this residential setting
- Provide effective and efficient management of the Mallards team, ensuring that services comply with statutory requirements and departmental eligibility criteria, achieve required local standards and strive for best value in service deliveries
- Maintain the agency's high standards, in order to promote positive outcomes for children and young people, and ensure that the unit continues to achieve high grades in Ofsted inspections
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the agency's policies and procedures are properly implemented and monitored by staff and that unit practice complies with UK legislation
- Work closely with the Head of Service to establish and maintain relationships with partner agencies, and contribute to planning and developing the service in line with customers' changing needs
Requirements of the Unit Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Previous experience of managing a children's residential unit
- Previous experience the supervision and support of Residential Childcare Officers, including a good knowledge of the training needs of those staff
- Ability to supervise others in the quality assurance of residential work
This Unit Manager job is advertised by Jamie Bartlett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.