Sanctuary Health has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Band 5/6 Theatre Practitioner Scrub to fill a full-time role based in Guernsey. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The salary for this permanent Theatre Practitioner Scrub job is £29,111 - £47,094 per annum depending on banding.
- The operating suite comprises of four theatres. The department is very well equipped and covers a range of procedures across all specialities apart from Neuro, Cardiac and major Paediatrics.
- It is expected that following appropriate development and support Band 5 registered nurses will co-ordinate ward activities on a regular basis. This includes; responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of care for patients, supervising nursing staff and delegating effectively.
- By demonstrating knowledge and competence in relation to firmly established procedures and policies, participate in the professional and skills development of newly appointed band 5 staff and unqualified nursing staff, supporting them in meeting the requirements of their post through the development of knowledge and skills.
- Assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care.
- Autonomously initiate emergency interventions as patient/client condition dictates.
- Provide prescribed nursing care without supervision, within the level of the post-holder's experience, referring to a more senior nurse when necessary.
- Participate as team member, including supporting relatives and friends of patients/clients together with providing support for other patients/clients.
- Maintain accurate records, both electronic and paper, of the care given in accordance with agreed standards.
- Act in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
- Independently liaise and communicate effectively with members of the nursing staff, multidisciplinary team and other associated agencies.
- Demonstrate evidence-based practice.
Requirements of the Theatre Practitioner Scrub:
- Degree or equivalent within Nursing
- NMC registration and a valid live pin
- Must have recent UK Nursing experience
- Theatre/Recovery/Anaesthetic experience
- Evidence of CPD at diploma level.
This Theatre Practitioner Scrub job is advertised by Stuart Munns; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.