Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a permanent role for a Supervising Social Worker to work full-time based in Northampton.
The salary for this permanent Supervising Social Worker job is£36,000 - £38,000 per annum.
- Acting as a link worker for foster carers and looked after children
- Bring together the needs of looked after children and young people, the support and management of foster carers, liaison with the placing authority and the administration and delivery of the service
- Recruits and assesses prospective foster carers in accordance with Regional Fostering Services policies and procedures, under the supervision of the service manager identified by Regional Fostering Services
- Be responsible for delivery, quality, development and monitoring of fostering allowances
- Liaising appropriately with placing authorities and other professional services to ensure a child's care plan is followed through
- Undertake annual foster carer reviews and present to the Agency's fostering panel in accordance with policies and procedures
- Manage a caseload of approved foster carers and foster carers going through the assessment process
- Provide day to day support to foster carers
- Participate in the matching process for potential placements and potential foster carers
- Participate in skills to foster training where appropriate and requested to do so by senior management
- Assist with fostering events such as promotion days
- Partake in the out of hour's duty rota
- Provide placement reports within the required timescales set out by your line manager
- Participate in collating evidence with your foster carers in order to complete the Training Standards Development portfolio
- Ensure all foster carers that you are responsible for are adequately trained and have up to date Personal Development Plans
- Operate at all times according to Regional Fostering's policies and procedures
Requirements of the Supervising Social Worker:
- BA Hons SW, CQSW, DipSW or equivalent
- Current Social Work England registration
- Experience of working with children and families preferred within an IFA or fostering setting
- Experience of working with diversity
- Full Driving Licence and car user
- Be able to manage one's own time and be aware that flexible working hours will sometimes be essential
A home-based role, flexible working, robust admin support, 25 days annual leave, private healthcare, pension, clear bonus and incentive scheme.
This Supervising Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.