Sanctuary Criminal Justice has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Substance Misuse Outreach Worker to work part-time in Guildford, Surrey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of substance misuse.
The salary for this permanent Substance Misuse Outreach Worker role is £24,000 per annum.
- To engage rough sleepers identified via Streetlink and through local rough sleeper reporting arrangements.
- To work as part of Homeless Outreach and Support Team (HOST) and work in partnership with the Police, Community Safety and town rangers to locate and engage rough sleepers.
- To provide substance misuse advice, information, and harm reduction based on individual's needs.
- To create early intervention links with various services.
- To support rough sleepers from their first contact with services giving a continued single point of contact and support through the pathway system to settled accommodation.
- To conduct continuous risk assessment and develop and update risk management plans.
Requirements of the Substance Misuse Outreach Worker:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working with community drug and alcohol/mental health services and accommodation issues.
- Experience of working with clients who present with drug and alcohol issues
This Substance Misuse Outreach Worker job is advertised by Nicole Green; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.