Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for a Social Worker to work full time based in Ipswich, within the Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children and Leaving Care Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker is £32 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 6-month contract.
- Prioritise the needs of vulnerable children, specifically UASC.
- Assess the needs of and risks to children and young people referred as requiring support in relation to asylum or who may have been trafficked for exploitation.
- Undertake Age Assessments when age is disputed (preferable)
- Identify the placement needs of UASC.
- Assume case responsibility for UASC ensuring that services are provided or arranged proportionate to their needs including for clients placed out of county.
- Work closely with the team in addressing new trends/concerns within our cohort of clients and draw together partner agencies in ensuring the needs of our UASC are being met.
- Attend professional meetings, Child In Care/Pathway Plan review meetings.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant frontline experience in Children’s Services
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Management and leadership qualification (desirable)
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure and use own initiative
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of Signs of Safety and an in-depth practical understanding of and skills in using solution focused approaches of intervention
- Knowledge and effective skills in using evidence-based models of intervention to deliver successful outcomes and an ability to bring research into practice
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and guidance as appropriate to role
- Ability to recognise Child Protection and risk issues and take appropriate action
- Available to start as soon as possible
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Noel Aitkins; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity.
With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.