Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Devon, within the School Project Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £38 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Working together with the school to build better relationships with families and better understand their needs. This may also lead to families having more clarity of potential concerns and the decision to refer to Children's Social Care if needed. Families would also receive advice and information around this process to support collaborative working.
- Working with feeder primary schools that siblings attend or multi-agency working to support an integrated family approach.
- Providing an educative component, where the school learns from the social worker's expertise in terms of safeguarding issues and referrals for example. This could happen through the school welcoming and encouraging the social worker's input in relevant meetings such as inclusion meetings. However, social workers will not be expected to be carrying out the duties of other professionals, be that teachers or other statutory professionals.
- Support school staff to take a young person's wider circumstances into account, improving the service they receive.
- Have regular communication between you and the school staff, sharing knowledge and expertise, advice and support which increases their confidence in safeguarding issues, and improves the quality of school referrals.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Lauren Minter; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.