Sanctuary Personnel, an award winning recruitment agency has a permanent role for a Social Worker to work as a Family Court Adviser on a full-time basis within a Public Law Team based in Exeter.
The salary for this permanent Family Court Adviser job is £38,974 - £43,459 per annum.
As post holder you will provide advanced social work-level services to children, families and courts by assessing and analysing court applications for any child protection and serious welfare issues affecting a child or young person. Also, to influence those with parental responsibility to be more child-focused when needed, to advise the courts and Local Authorities about safeguarding concerns and about how a child's life can be improved, supporting judicial case management in the process.
To achieve the above, you will need to keep the child at the centre of your work through high quality direct work with children and their families as well as high quality analysis and assessment. You will also need to be a skilled negotiator, working persuasively with family members and professionals on behalf of children. You will need to keep the child's timescale in the context of the child's journey through childhood and, where applicable, the care system, at the centre of everything you do and you must be prepared to advocate in the best interests of the child, ensuring their voice is not lost in the court arena.
Requirements of the Family Court Adviser:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration - Social Worker
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children’s Services
- A high standard of assessment and case analysis
- Ability to produce written work to a high standard
- Communicates effectively and demonstrates empathy with children & families within the family justice system
- Effective communication and joint working with a range of professionals and agencies.
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise
- Confident decision making to work in high conflict situations
- Ability to achieve safe outcomes in areas of conflict
This Family Court Adviser job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.