Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Lambeth, within the CSE (Child sexual exploitation) Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £27.62 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract. This job is to cover for maternity leave and possibly for a 1-year contract.
- To jointly co-chair the monthly MASE/ panels
- To be an active member of the appropriate LSCB CSE subgroup and contribute to the implementation of any board recommendations or actions
- To oversee all CSE referrals allocated to Team Managers for the initial strategy meeting and challenge any subsequent safeguarding decisions made when necessary
- To liaise with the designated officer/agency for children 'Missing' and ensure the appropriate risk assessment is undertaken for those identified as being at risk of CSE
- To liaise with all social care staff including senior management and Independent Reviewing Officers on open CSE cases providing advice and guidance in line with established protocols and procedures and ensure compliance in safeguarding children in line with established thresholds
- To lead on and effectively monitor local operational CSE procedures and protocols and make recommendations for improvement
- To contribute to local and national policy and strategy development and implementation
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jonathan Codona-Brown; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.