Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Oldham, within the Children Permanence Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker role is £33 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- Support children and young people where care proceedings have been concluded and stability and permanency is a priority.
- Carry smaller caseload to support a child- focused, responsive and consistent approach.
- Be involved in proceedings including Discharge of Care Orders and Special Guardianship Orders, as well as acting as corporate parent to children and young people in our care.
- Prepare for social work contact and involvement, understanding the journey of a child and their family.
- Undertake the assessment of need and/or risk for children and young people and their families, as well as assessing parental capacity to change; continually analysing the situation for children, young people, and their families.
- Devise, implement and review SMART plans for children and young people, to ensure their needs are being met, that they are safe from harm, and that they are able to achieve optimum outcomes.
- Work directly with children, young people, and their families; to understand their experiences and intervening to help them make things better in their lives.
- Respond appropriately to safeguarding matters, following relevant policies and procedures in matters whereby abuse is suspected.
- Work in partnership with other agencies, to ensure the most appropriate and effective intervention for children, young people, and their families.
- Work with families pro-actively, exploring contingency plans with a view to avoiding crisis; but responding to crisis situations should they occur, using appropriate legal intervention where necessary.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline children’s social work.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Kelly Page; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.