Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Work Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Welling, within the Fostering, Recruitment & Assessment Team.
The salary for this permanent Senior Practitioner role is £49,500 per annum.
- Be responsible for the recruitment of Foster Carers and the assessment of Foster Carers, Connected Persons, Special Guardians and Supported Lodging Providers
- Deliver a duty system and present cases to court and the fostering panel
- Actively participate in the foster carers’ recruitment activities within the community
- Have responsibility for managing a caseload of more complex and higher need cases within a child protection context
- Take appropriate initiative when working to support children and their families
- Support other practitioners in the team through mentoring, advice, support, and occasional shadowing on visits or for meetings
- Build positive, supportive, and respectful relationships with families in order to help support children in need of help or protection
- Help support families to raise their children safely within their family network by supporting and augmenting their support network
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Post qualifying experience as a social worker
- Be able to apply relevant social work theories and research in a way that helps best understand the lived experiences of children and young people, such as child development, attachment theory, impact of childhood trauma, and the cycle of grooming and sexual abuse
- Be receptive to hearing challenge that may arise from audits, supervision or feedback from families, professionals, or managers in order to reflect on one’s practice and identify areas for improvement
- Experience using creative means of engaging children and families according to their age, level of cognitive development, and their ability to communicate and understand (ie: words and pictures, games or activities, using interpreters)
- Have a proficient ability to speak, write, and read in English, with confidence and accuracy, whilst using the right kind of vocabulary appropriate to a given situation without a great deal of hesitation
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.