Sanctuary Social Care has Permanent vacancy for a Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Haringey, within the Leaving Care Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this permanent Senior Practitioner role is £42,684 - £45,585 per annum.
The Young Adults Service invites applications from qualified and child-focused social workers at Senior Practitioner level. The service plays a vital role in continuing the child's journey when cases are transferred from the children's team for longer term care leaving service and transitioning to adulthood.
We are a busy and supportive service working with looked after children and young people leaving care aged 16 to 25 years old. We also manage the referral and assessment for unaccompanied minors arriving in the borough aged 16 + and ensure a robust response to age assessment requirements.
Duties of the Senior Practitioner:
- To support the referral and assessment for newly arriving UASC's, which includes child and family assessments and age assessment, and the re-assessment of returning care leavers.
- To work closely with the senior practitioner who manages the duty service and offer cover when required.
- To liaise effectively and efficiently with both internal and external partners to ensure that children and young people are safe and manage a caseload of complex children and young people.
- To support your Team Manager in developing the team, e.g., potentially supporting and mentoring ASYE and less experienced colleagues, offer 1-2-1 supervision to personal advisors and cover when required the day -to day management of the duty team and help to implement and drive a high performance culture
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Must be a resilient and authoritative practitioner who places children and young people and their welfare at the heart of your practice
- Your written and verbal communication would be second to none.
- Must be used to providing high quality, evidence-based assessments and the application of signs of safety.
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.