Sanctuary Social Care has permanent vacancy for a Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Southend, within the Children's Mental Health Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this permanent Senior Practitioner role is £37,849 - £43,662 (Assignment Rate) per annum.
Duties of the Senior Practitioner:
- Offering therapeutic support to LAC children in foster placements, to provide an efficient and cost-effective service to children, young people, and their families and carers, ensuring that the needs of the children and their parents/carers are professionally assessed.
- To provide consultation on emotional, behavioral and mental health issues and contribute to the development of colleagues within children's services by virtue of being an experienced and reliable practitioner.
- Take lead responsibility for ensuring support plans for those young people scoring highly on the SDQ (Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire) and reviewing the impact of such plans.
- ensuring that the team manager is kept fully appraised of problems arising from the workload and seek advice as and when necessary.
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Previous experience working in a Children's Mental Health team in is essential
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.