Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 4/5 Pharmacy Technician to fill a full-time role in Reading.
The pay rate for this locum Pharmacy Technician job is £21 per hour (assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- Work in the dispensary ensuring the supply of medicines to wards and clinics is completed following departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs) and in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete an accuracy checking session per week and to have a good up to date knowledge of the pharmacy computer systems and robot.
- Understand the requirements of the clozapine clinics and the prescribing of clozapine in order to label, dispense and accuracy check effectively.
- Provide technical support in the clozapine clinics throughout the Trust alongside the clozapine nursing staff working under SOPs, and to ensure that patients who do not attend clinic are followed up.
- Work closely with the clozapine nursing staff and communicate changes to clinics to the dispensary in a timely manner following SOPs.
- Liaise with prescribers when required for new clozapine prescription requests.
- Ensure knowledge of procurement is sufficient to ensure medicines are available to patients when they are required.
Requirements of the Pharmacy Technician:
- Must have pharmacy experience
- GPHC Registration
- Post graduate experience
This Pharmacy Technician job is advertised by Phil Hanton; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.