Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Band 7 Occupational Therapist to work full-time based in Birmingham, within the Learning Disabilities Team.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £29.50 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- To assess service users’ occupational performance skills in relation to self-maintenance, productivity and leisure, taking into consideration environmental influences and sensory processing where identified. This may be in a variety of environments and whichever location is the most appropriate e.g. service users own home, day centre, community facility etc.
- To identify OT needs and input to the patient pathway as identified for both community and in-reach service users.
- To analyse assessment findings, agree, plan and carry out intervention in conjunction with the service user, MDT, carers and other agencies.
- To provide training and advice where appropriate.
- To ensure that all clinical interventions provided are evidence based, evaluated, audited and reviewed.
- To give written and verbal reports in an appropriate accessible format as required to members of the multi-disciplinary team or other agencies as appropriate including promoting awareness of the role of Occupational Therapy and the Intensive Support Team.
- To attend clinics, reviews, meetings and case conferences as required.
- To communicate highly complex and sensitive information to service users, families, carers and others to maximize the assessment and intervention process. To use a range of communication skills including motivation, persuasion and explanation and alternative systems including sign language, gestures, use of objects, pictures and audio-visual aids to gain co-operation.
- To advise and educate service users, relatives, carers , occupational therapy staff and other professionals/agencies working with the service user as part of their intervention.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist.
- Documented evidence of CPD related OT / PLD/IST.
- At least two years of experience either pre or post qualification.
- Extensive experience as an OT within Learning Disabilities and/or Mental Health.
- Have used the Model of Human Occupation in practice e.g. MOHOST, VQ.
- Experience of supervising junior staff/students.
- Evidence of clinical assessment skills with reference to Learning Disability and the specialist area.
- Ability to demonstrate sound knowledge and application of up-to-date clinical trends and practices including evidence-based ones.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of current legislative changes affecting the NHS especially those relevant to Occupational Therapy and Learning Disabilities.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to demonstrate written skills that are relevant, accurate, concise and legible.
- Full driving license and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to manually handle service users and / or equipment safely and to attain positioning necessary to perform safe and effective clinical intervention.
- Ability to work flexibly within the full week.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Daily payroll
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 7 Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Ruben Mota; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.