Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Forensic Mental Health Occupational Therapist to work in Bedford on a part-time basis. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £25.00 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
You will working 22.5 hours a week (Tuesday-Thursday).
Duties of the Occupational Therapist:
- The forensic low secure unit that provides a specialised service for adults who have a learning disability who have offended.
- All patients are detained under the Mental Health Act and require specialist assessment and treatment.
- The multi-professional team is made up of Nurses and specialist clinicians.
- They are supported by a Consultant Psychiatrist who acts as the Responsible Clinician.
- Patients who are admitted to the Clinic are expected to fully participate in their comprehensive and detailed treatment program with a goal of planned rehabilitation and resettlement in to the community.
- Family and carer involvement is actively encouraged.
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent experience either pre or post-qualification
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive Occupational Therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Alex Blackwell; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.