Sanctuary Health has a permanent vacancy for experienced and dedicated Sonographers to work in Cambridge. There is one part-time Sonographer position (no MSK experience required) and one full-time MSK Sonographer (MSK experience required) position available. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Sonography.
The pay rate for this permanent MSK Advanced Practitioner Ultrasound Sonographer job is £54,000 to £62,000 per annum.
Overall purpose of the role:
- To act as an Advanced Practitioner, experienced in all aspects of Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. In addition, the post-holder will be expected to perform Abdominal, Gynaecological (trans-abdominal and trans-vaginal), Urinary Tract and Small Parts Ultrasound.
- Maintaining and promoting the highest professional, technical and ethical standards in Ultrasound, through effective clinical governance.
- Prioritising and reporting of own workload.
- Manage the Ultrasound workflow, to ensure information is correct, resulting in patient record integrity and accurate statistical analysis.
- To continually improve Ultrasound practice through professional and personal development.
- To provide a comprehensive and effective high-quality MSK and General Ultrasound service.
- To ensure that all Ultrasound referrals are evaluated and prioritised according to Global Diagnostics Ltd (GDL) clinical protocols using the clinical information provided.
- To seek clinical clarity where Ultrasound requests are equivocal.
- To undertake Ultrasound scanning in accordance with national guidelines and agreed local protocols.
- To manage your personal Ultrasound workload, in addition to the wider service requirements.
- To maintain the highest level of accuracy whilst performing each Ultrasound examination.
- To assess the clinical information and select the most appropriate scanning approach.
- To ensure optimum sterility is maintained throughout invasive examinations.
- To adhere to the relevant company protocols in respect of hand hygiene and infection control.
- To act as a patient advocate in ultrasound scanning issues.
- To exercise the highest standard of patient communication and care, in order to pro-actively improve the patient's experience.
- To ensure that appropriate consent has been acquired, depending on the clinical protocol.
- Assess the individual communication needs of patients and ensure any necessary advocacy is arranged.
- To examine, diagnose and ultimately assist in the treatment plan of the patient.
- To offer and seek the advice and support of colleagues when necessary.
- To undertake and report examinations, advising referral to the appropriate Specialists when required.
Requirements of the MSK Advanced Practitioner Ultrasound Sonographer:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Hon in Diagnostic Radiography or equivalent/degree/diploma
- Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound (DMU) or Postgraduate Diploma (Pg Dip) or Master of Science (MSc) in Medical Ultrasound.
- Recent UK post qualifying experience working as a Sonographer
- Must be HCPC registered
- Experience in all aspects of MSK Ultrasound scanning, in addition to General, Gynae, Renal tract and Small parts Ultrasound
This MSK Advanced Practitioner Ultrasound Sonographer job is advertised by Vitor Rosado; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.