Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Head of Service to be the Head of a Mental Health and Learning Disabilities service based in Hillingdon. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Head of Service role is £74,000 - £90,000 per annum.
Benefits of the role:
- Local government average salary pension scheme
- Free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- A 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- Generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days.
- Career breaks
- Flexible working hours
- Season ticket loan
- Access to a Credit Union
- On-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- Access to a wide range of training and courses
- Discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- Payment of professional fees where these are required
- Discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Requirements of the Head of Service:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- At least 2 years frontline experience within Adults' Service
- You will be a confident, able and knowledgeable Social Work England registered Social Worker with significant operational experience at a senior manager level.
- You will be highly motivated and have recent experience of managing frontline Social Work managers, as well as being able to work with health colleagues to develop innovative approaches to care and support.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Head of Service job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.