Sanctuary Health has a permanent job vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Consultant Doctor Histopathologist specialising in Histopathology to work in Chester.
This salary for this permanent Consultant Histopathologist role is dependent on banding and experience.
- To provide, with Consultant colleagues, a service in Histopathology, Cytopathology and Autopsy to the Hospitals, Clinics and other institutions administered by the Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. It is anticipated, subject to approval of HM Coroner for Cheshire and Wirral that Coroners' autopsy cases will also be undertaken.
- There will be a requirement to cover for colleagues taking annual leave, and those who are on short-term study leave and sick leave, although the right to a locum is acknowledged. Where there is a prolonged absence of a colleague an attempt will be made to employ a locum.
- There will be a requirement for the professional supervision and management of specialist registrars in histopathology.
- There will be a requirement to participate in Continuing Professional Development and the Trust is committed to provide time, facilities and funding for this activity. It will be expected that Consultant staff keep themselves up to date with developments in their specialty and this is encouraged by allowing study leave. Financial support is also offered for Continuing Professional Development subject to agreement by the Clinical Lead and Director for Medical Education. There is sufficient SPA allocation in the job plans to cover the requirements for revalidation.
- It is expected that active consideration will be given to existing technologies in terms of cost effectiveness. In addition the use of new techniques, where they can be justified clinically will be encouraged.
- You will be expected to contribute to postgraduate and Continuing Professional Development.
- Encouragement is given by the Trust to take part in Clinical Management and Research including attendance at courses where this is appropriate.
- There is a requirement to take part in Clinical Governance, Consultant Appraisal and Medical Audit.
Requirements of the Consultant Histopathologist:
- Full GMC registration
- Previous experience at Consultant grade
- Previous Histopathologist experience
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Pathologists, or show evidence of equivalent qualification.
- Full and specialist registration (and with a licence to practise) with the General Medical Council (GMC) (or be eligible for registration within six months of interview)
- Applicants that are UK trained, must ALSO be a holder of a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT), or be within six months of award of CCT by date of interview.
- Applicants that are non-UK trained, will be required to show evidence of equivalence to the UK
This Consultant Histopathologist job is advertised by Marlon Sorhaindo; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.