Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for a Band 7 Cognitive Behavioural Therapist to work based in Guernsey, within the Psychological Therapies Team.
The salary for this permanent Cognitive Behavioural Therapist job is £44,054 - £58,081 per annum.
- Provide a high quality specialist assessment and therapeutic service to the adult residents of the Bailiwick of Guernsey, using cognitive behavioural therapy as the main modality of intervention
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for providing psychotherapeutic assessment and treatment to adults with moderate to severe mental health problems, within a wider adult secondary care mental health service
- Carry out generic and specialist mental health and psychotherapeutic assessments, as well as delivering specialist psychotherapeutic interventions to individuals and groups
- Providing inpatient, outpatient or community based appointments
- Provide generic mental health assessments to clients referred to the Psychological Therapies Team (PTT)
- Provide specialist psychotherapeutic assessments of clients referred to the PTT including assessing for suitability for psychological interventions, for individual or group interventions, and for cognitive behavioural therapy
- Formulate and implement plans for the formal psychotherapeutic treatment and/or management of a client’s mental health problems, based upon an appropriate conceptual framework of the client’s problems, ensuring that service user involvement is promoted in the planning, delivery and evaluation of care and that their wishes, beliefs and dignity are respected at all times
- Use highly developed communication skills in working with people to understand their personal and often very sensitive difficulties
- Educate and involve family members and others in treatment as necessary, conveying CBT and other psychological formulations with sensitivity in easily understood language
- Adhere to a minimum of 4 client contacts per day in order to minimise waiting times and ensure treatment delivery remains accessible and convenient
- Attend multi-disciplinary meetings relating to referrals or clients in treatment, where appropriate
- Assess and integrate issues surrounding work and employment into the overall therapy process
- Liaise with other health and social care staff from a range of agencies in the care provided clients
- Undertake risk assessments and risk management for individual clients and to provide advice to other professions on psychotherapeutic aspects of risk assessment and risk management
- Act as the named professional coordinating care, where appropriate, taking responsibility for initiating planning and review of care plans that include clients, their carers, referring agents and others involved the network of care
- Complete post-qualification training in at least one other NICE recommended modality as indicated by service need
- Continue to gain wider, relevant, post-qualification experience of psychological therapy
- Develop skills in the area of professional post-graduate teaching, training and supervision and to provide supervision to other colleagues facilitating therapeutic work as appropriate
- Provide professional and clinical supervision of junior colleagues and trainees/students, as appropriate
- Provide advice, consultation and training to staff working with the client group across a range of agencies and settings, where appropriate
Requirements of the Cognitive Behavioural Therapist:
- Be an accredited CBT therapist registered with the BABCP
- Recent CBT experience or an HCPC registered Psychologist
- Experience within psychology
This Cognitive Behavioural Therapist job is advertised by Craig Osborne; if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.