Sanctuary Health is currently looking for a dedicated Band 8a Clinical Psychologist to work full-time in a Speciliased Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) based in Southampton.
The pay rate for this locum Clinical Psychologist job is £33 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
- Provide a high quality and largely autonomous and systematic clinical psychology service.
- Undertake highly specialist assessments, including neuropsychological assessment , risk assessment and assessment for suitability for specialist psychological therapies with clients and their carers ( as appropriate to the role).
- Formulate and implement plans for the formal psychological treatment and/or management of clients' mental health problems, based upon an appropriate conceptual framework of the client's problems, and employing methods based upon evidence of efficacy, across the full range of care settings.
- Be responsible for providing a range of psychological interventions for individuals, carers and groups, within and across teams employed individually and in synthesis, adjusting and refining psychological formulations drawing upon different explanatory models and maintaining a number of provisional hypotheses.
- Provide at least one specialist evidence based psychological intervention as dictated by the needs of the service.
- Provide highly specialist consultation to members of the various teams in the area and beyond regarding formulation and psychological management of clients of those teams.
- Use highly specialist psychological knowledge and skills to contribute to the more effective management of patients by teams.
- Be involved in the development and delivery of training within the Trust.
- Participate in clinical and caseload supervision arrangements provided by the Service.
- Maintain accurate records and to monitor clinical workload using agreed Systems.
- Support the full implementation of CPA or equivalent including acting as care co-ordinator as appropriate to the needs of the service.
- Enter data as requested by the Trust in a timely manner.
Requirements of the Clinical Psychologist:
- To be eligible for this role you must be an HCPC registered psychologist
- To have a relevant qualification and recent experience is essential.
- Post qualification and further specialist training in specified specialist intervention.
- Care Co-ordination or equivalent role
- Training others in MH services topics.
- Experience of working alongside multidisciplinary colleagues
This Clinical Psychologist job is advertised by Dan Potts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.