Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Adults Social Worker to work full-time in based in Ince-in-Makerfield, Wigan. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £26.88 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- As post holder of this role you will be expected to manage a complex and varied caseload, undertaking holistic and person-centred assessments within the Care Act 2014 with a focus on an asset-based approach and support plans that promote the health and wellbeing of adults with complex needs with a keen focus on reducing inequalities and supporting individuals and/or their carer(s)/families to develop their resilience and improve their outcomes.
- Work within the MCA and BI framework upholding the principles.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality and effective services to adults, families and carers including supporting to ensure that vulnerable adults are safeguarded from harm.
- Ensure a high professional standard of assessment and support planning and be able to appropriately challenge and negotiate for packages of support.
- Effectively manage crisis situations and respond to the complex and challenging needs of the people we support, managing risk and promoting a culture of positive risk taking.
- Work on the service duty system as required and will be responsible for inputting and maintaining up to date and effective record keeping on the council's case management system and IT systems.
- Maintain strong links with the community and joint working with colleagues across partner agencies.
- Have a positive outlook with a caring and compassionate disposition, be a good listener and a great problem solve.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Marc Leggett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.