Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy based in Hillingdon for a Team Manager to work within a First Response Team (RAS). The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in Children Services and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for this permanent Team Manager role is £49,492 - £53,482 per annum.
- To provide a high-performing social work service to children and families in accordance with departmental policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- To promote the council's vision of 'Putting Our Residents First' as applied to own service area.
- To lead, motivate, nurture and manage a team of social work professionals, ensuring that the service provided is of a good quality, is effective and delivers positive outcomes.
- To use regular supervision and performance management tools to manage team performance and quality assurance, resources and budgets in collaboration with colleagues and key stakeholders.
- To be accountable for the practice and development of team members and ensure effective practice supervision and performance appraisals are conducted.
- To support, mentor and coach team members to enhance the quality of practice.
- To support and manage change as needed within the area of responsibility.
- Model and promote the social work role, using critical reflective skills in management and supervision to enhance team practice.
- Effectively manage operational resources, including scheduling of employees and absence management.
- Ensure caseloads are allocated and managed within agreed departmental levels.
- Carry out audits of cases as part of the quality assurance framework.
- Contribute to the delivery of all department service and team performance plans.
- Ensure all agreed Safeguarding procedures are in place, including adherence to the Local Safeguarding Board's Safer Recruiting policy.
- Facilitate the effective communication of key council and departmental messages across the service.
- Promote and ensure team knowledge of the Professional Capabilities Framework.
- Monitor and implement the Standards for Employers of Social Workers within own area.
- To maintain and develop key relationships and networks with colleagues, partnership agencies and other stakeholders.
- To chair professional and multi-agency meetings as required.
- To represent the council at court and provide expert advice and support to social work employees as required.
- Maintain a safe working environment, meeting the obligations of the Health & Safety at Work Act and other key legislation.
- Maintain knowledge of the council's Health & Safety management system requirements and conducting risk assessments and maintaining records as required.
- Utilise key systems and tools including; Protocol, Oracle Financials, HR Self-Service, MyFirstCare absence management, H&S risk assessment and incident reporting
Requirements for the Team Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Team Manager job is advertised by Conor Clarke; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.