Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Work Service Manager to work based in Bexley, within the Looked After Children Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Work Service Manager role is £68,000 per annum.
- Responsible for supervising, leading, and supporting team managers, often working in stressful environments, and dealing with a variety of complex, risky, and diverse issues when supporting and safeguarding children and young people.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of local policies and service improvement strategies and support their implementation within the service.
- Liaise, network, influence, and coordinate with other multi-agency partners to provide the best level of multi-disciplinary support to the children and families.
- Provide specialist social work and child protection knowledge and advice to the team, service, and other multi-agency professionals that helps them better understand the diverse experiences that the children have.
- Represent the local authority in a professional and competent matter, especially when making representations at court, with familiars, or with other agencies.
- Have oversight on the work carried out within the teams of the service, ensuring that timely response and action is carried out to any contacts, referrals, allocations, complaints, information requests, child protection enquiries, curt directives received, and plans for children.
- Be available afterhours as necessary to support workers and managers who may be dealing with crisis and casework responsibilities to safeguard children.
- Other duties as required necessary to carry out the smooth functioning of the service and to meet our corporate parenting and safeguarding responsibilities to children.
Requirements of the Social Work Service Manager:
- Diploma or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post qualifying experience within frontline social work, including extensive experience working with children and young people and supervising other members of staff and managers.
- Have a good understanding and ability to use IT systems, such as case recording systems (ie. Liquid Logic), word processing, Email and Calendars, internet search engines, computers, mobile phones, and secure working systems.
This Social Work Service Manager job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.