Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Supervising Social Worker to work full-time in Tower Hamlet, within a Fostering Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Supervising Social Worker job is £36,486 - £47,374 per annum.
- To provide high quality casework and service to vulnerable children and families, ensuring social work practice is in the best interest of children.
- Safeguard children, and improve outcomes for children in terms of their health, education, social and emotional well-being. This involves providing a service to users that ensures that assessments, care plans and actions are in place to promote the longer term safety, welfare and well-being of children and young people, enabling them to maximise their life chances.
- Provision of social work services, working with individual service users, providing early help, undertaking assessments, interventions and reviews, in line with professional frameworks and National Performance indicators and other relevant local and national guidance, for children in need, those subject to child protection and criminal justice processes, looked after children and care leavers and their carers; providing advice, assistance, counselling and other forms of personal assistance with the aim of empowering, enhancing and protecting individual welfare.
- Contribute, as an active member to a positive team culture, to achieve the objectives of the service, working with Signs of Safety as our overarching analytical practice framework.
- Be a positive role model for children and families and build partnerships with others to work collaboratively.
- Prioritise and respond to requests for assistance, establishing sufficient information about the needs of clients so as to be able to determine the level of risk and the nature and type of support required.
- Maintain accurate case records to include information and analysis, and fulfil national timescales, procedures and statutory duties in line with national and local policies, practices and procedures.
- Carry out assessments of needs and risk, and liaise with other specialists and agencies as necessary, and enable them to be involved and contribute to the process.
Requirements of the Supervising Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Fostering experience
This Supervising Social Worker job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.