Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker/Advanced Social Worker to work full-time within a Long Term Child Protection Service based in Yate. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker/Advanced Social Worker job is £28,785 to £34,788 per annum.
- The post holder will be responsible for their own continuous professional development but will be provided with opportunities to grow and develop in the role through local and regional management and leadership initiatives.
- The post holder will be required to use his/her initiative in ensuring that the Council's Equalities Policies are implemented in relation to the work area. This will involve developing a good working knowledge of the policies and applying them personally.
- The nature of the post will require some out of office hours work to be undertaken for which time-off-in-lieu may be given.
- It is a condition of employment that the post holder will maintain HCPC Registration.
- The nature of the duties of this post will require you to travel on Council business on a regular basis, so you must either have a current driving licence and provide a car, or have access to appropriate means of travel.
- If you use your vehicle on authorised Council business, you will receive a mileage payment based on the Inland Revenue Authorised Mileage Allowance Payment Scheme (AMAPS). The allowance is provided on the condition that your own insurance covers you for business use and indemnifies the Council against claim (including those concerning passengers) arising out of the use of the vehicle on official business. You will also be eligible for a car loan if you meet the criteria within the Council's Car Loan Scheme.
- To ensure good quality assessment, planning, intervention and reviewing which is essential to providing good outcomes for children, as is detailed knowledge of law and policy relating to vulnerable children.
- To effectively manage risk where there is risk of, or actual, significant harm to children to ensure that children are kept safe and protected from abuse.
- Using specialist knowledge and expertise to ensure case work decisions are made in accordance with agreed procedures and professional standards.
- Take a lead in a specialist area of work or service or service development and chair meetings where appropriate.
- Undertake specialist or complex casework where appropriate. To effectively manage risk where there is risk of, or actual, significant harm to children to ensure that children are kept safe and protected from abuse.
- Contribute to the team meeting its targets and the identification and facilitation of changes of direction ensuring that work is delivered on schedule.
- Work in partnership across the sectors to coordinate care planning, delivery of services, giving advice and support to internal and external service providers. This will ensure that information and good practice is shared and that communication is effective.
- Within the relevant service area ensure that cases are managed within accordance with the Safeguarding procedures for vulnerable people.
- To ensure that agreed thresholds for intervention are maintained and statutory requirements are met.
- Ensure records are kept in accordance with professional standards and prepare and present reports on cases and issues.
Requirements of the Social Worker/Advanced Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- A minimum of 2 years post qualifying UK experience
- Recognised and relevant professional qualification e.g. DipSW, CQSW, CSS.
- Significant post qualification experience in a Local Authority child protection children's services setting.
This Social Worker/Advanced Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position, please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.