Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Advanced Social Worker/Social Worker to work within a Young Adults 16-25 Disabilities Service based in Gloucestershire. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with the Social Work England.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £28,785 - £34,788 per annum.
About the role:
- The post holder will be expected to concentrate on older age young people and young adults within the 0-25 Disability Service, assessing their social care and health needs and to plan, implement, review and monitor action and outcomes.
- This includes financial assessment within the framework of the relevant legislation, Care Act eligibility criteria, and safeguarding adults policies and at all times work towards giving a greater choice, independence and social inclusion for the service user.
- The post holder will be required to have detailed knowledge of mental capacity legislation, and operate compliantly within the Mental Capacity Act.
- You will review and monitor each support plan and the quality of the service provision, making changes in response to evolving needs and service principles.
- You will model best practice and, in line with legislation, policy and guidance, you will promote the wellbeing and dignity of service users enabling self-directed support and managing risk to ensure safety.
- The post holder will take responsibility for the continuing professional development of themselves and contribute towards the professional development of others, including participating in staff development programmes and the promotion of specialist skills.
- The post holder will contribute to the development of services, policies, practices which optimise life chances for children and young people by partnership working with colleagues in other Departments or agencies.
- Carry out assessment of needs, providing advice and guidance to service users and their carers, in order to establish care plans where appropriate, ensuring that services are effective and meet legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- Review and monitor care plans and the quality of service provision, responding to changing needs and renegotiating service provision where appropriate.
- Manage own caseload or specific projects to ensure specialist inputs are obtained and effective outcomes achieved.
- Support the delivery of designated areas of work by coordinating day to day operations and contributing to developing projects and processes.
- Raise awareness of a range of care issues and their implications and carry out risk assessments where appropriate, in order to ensure that needs are assessed and appropriate action is taken.
- Develop and evaluate reablement programmes as part of care packages ensuring that programmes to support independence are implemented.
- Liaise and work with contacts from different sectors, including health and the voluntary sector, sometimes as part of a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring that communication is effective and that knowledge and best practice are shared.
- Complete and present records and reports in accordance with professional and council guidelines.
- Take necessary action in accordance with Safeguarding procedures in order to protect vulnerable children and young people.
- Make recommendations for significant budget spend ensuring that maximum value is delivered for the resources deployed and contribute to budget management. This will ensure that the maximum value is delivered for the resources deployed.
- Represent the Council's interests ensuring that the Council's position is advocated.
Requirements of the Advanced Social Worker/Social Worker:
- You will hold a professional qualification in social work or equivalent (eg DipSW, CQSW, CSS).
- Registration with Social Work England
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, processes and procedures for disabled children, children in need and safeguarding.
This Advanced Social Worker/Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.