Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker/Advanced Social Worker to work within a Child Protection and Child Sexual Exploitation Team based in Yate. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with the HCPC.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £28,785 - £34,788 per annum.
About the role:
- The post holder will hold responsibility for a specific area of work or expertise within the team where prescribed by the Team Manager and Advanced social workers will mentor less experienced social workers in the team, dependent on experience levels.
- The Social Worker/Advanced social worker will work in the Social Care division and will be part of a small team comprising a Team manager; Senior social worker; 6 Social workers/Advanced social workers; and 1.5 Social Work Assistants. The 6 Social workers will directly report to the Team Manager. The team has been designed to be small and manageable with direct line reporting to the Team manager.
- To ensure good quality assessment, planning, intervention and reviewing which is essential to providing good outcomes for children, as is detailed knowledge of law and policy relating to vulnerable children.
- To effectively manage risk where there is risk of, or actual, significant harm to children to ensure that children are kept safe and protected from abuse.
- Using specialist knowledge and expertise to ensure case work decisions are made in accordance with agreed procedures and professional standards.
- Take a lead in a specialist area of work or service or service development and chair meetings where appropriate.
- Undertake specialist or complex casework where appropriate. To effectively manage risk where there is risk of, or actual, significant harm to children to ensure that children are kept safe and protected from abuse.
- Contribute to the team meeting its targets and the identification and facilitation of changes of direction ensuring that work is delivered on schedule.
- Work in partnership across the sectors to coordinate care planning, delivery of services, giving advice and support to internal and external service providers. This will ensure that information and good practice is shared and that communication is effective.
- Within the relevant service area ensure that cases are managed within accordance with the Safeguarding procedures for vulnerable people. To ensure that agreed thresholds for intervention are maintained and statutory requirements are met.
- Ensure records are kept in accordance with professional standards and prepare and present reports on cases and issues.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- You will hold a professional qualification in social work or equivalent (eg DipSW, CQSW, CSS or NVQ 4).
- Registration with the Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC).
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.