Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Sutton, within Referral & Assessment Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £32 - £34 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
The Referral and Assessment service is to help children in need living with their families in the community to achieve good outcomes in their health, education and family relationships and to ensure they are appropriately safeguarded, by assessing needs and planning and coordinating the care arrangements necessary to meet their needs as identified. The Referral and Assessment Service completes assessments referred via the new First Contact Children's Service (Previously known as MASH) who are living in the London Borough of Sutton and who meet the threshold for support.
Duties of the Social Worker:
- Act as duty Social Worker on a rota basis
- Respond to crisis situations
- Carry out single agency assessments
- Undertake direct work with children and families
- Work closely with partner agencies such as the police and health services
- Transfer cases to other services via a seamless transfer process and Social Workers regularly attend group supervision giving staff a chance to reflect on situations and share knowledge.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jonathan Codona-Brown; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.