Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within a Looked After Children Team based in Luton. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £32 - £34 per hour (Assignment rate). This is a 6-Month contract.
- Complete professional assessments of need and risk in respect of service users and carers using the Department of Health and Luton Borough Council criteria for children in need and significant harm
- Undertake statutory duties under the Children Act 1989 and other legislation and guidance relating to service users and carers e.g. care proceedings, arrangements for adoption/permanency, risk assessments and investigations in relation to the protection of children
- Plan professional intervention using the appropriate available resources ensuring needs are met through negotiation and consultation with professional colleagues and service users
- Ensure that the needs of service users are regularly reviewed and changes in circumstances and newly identified needs are addressed. This will necessitate organizing and chairing multi-agency meetings
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Post qualifying experience working as a social worker
This Social Worker job is advertised by Tom Loomes; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.