Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within a Looked after Children Team in Torbay. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £35 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children at all times.
- To initiate appropriate safeguarding action to protect children and young people at risk of significant harm.
- To undertake interview, observations and gather information from children, young people, families and other agencies to analyse, summarise and evaluate the information to provide an holistic assessment of a child or young persons need, balancing risk and protective factors within a child protection framework.
- To produce focused and purposeful care plans for interventions with explicit aims and objectives about desired outcomes within the context of managing risk to children and young people.
- Undertake regular and/or statutory reviews in accordance with Legislation and Policy to ensure care packages are meeting the needs of children and young people and comply with best value principles.
- Contribute to the promotion and use of preventative and early intervention services within the community to prevent the need for Children's Services or statutory intervention, by actively collaborating with Service Users and partner agencies including schools.
- To effectively use partnership threshold criteria to determine Service User need and to ensure the most vulnerable children or young people receive an appropriate service.
- To be a member of a Social Work team and actively engage in shared team responsibilities according to team requirements.
- To complete Section 47 Child Protection investigations and risk assessments in accordance with 'Working Together 2010' and South West Child Protections Procedures.
- To use and comply with the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need to complete both Initial Assessments and Core Assessments within the agreed timescales.
- To use PARIS ICS electronic system for routine communication, recording, information gathering and assessment in order to secure the best outcomes for Service Users and their families
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Mark Andrews; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.