Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within a Looked After Children Permanence Team based in Durham. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £27.50 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
As postholder of this role you will be expected to:
- Carry out Looked after Children reviews
- Ensure Child Protection procedures are adhered too
- Work with cases in care proceedings
- Undertake risk assessments
- Put in place multi agency plans for children returning to their families
- Devise multi agency child protection plans
- Undertake direct work with children
- Undertake Life story work with children to address emotional contact needs and to achieve permanency
- Attend family group conferences
- Keep up to date case recordings
- Report writing
- Prepare reports and presenting them to panels
- Undertake Kinship assessments
- Prepare Care Plans
- Write court reports and giving evidence in court
- Meet timescales in line with legislation
- Carry out core assessments
- Plan and prioritising my case load
- Complete statutory visits
- Prepare pathway plans
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Social Worker role is advertised by Liam Burgess; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.