Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy based in Guernsey for a Social Worker to work within a Locality Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with the SWE (Social Work England).
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £40,408 up to £50,902 per annum.
- You assist in the provision of an effective children's social care service. This will include undertaking work with children in need, children in need of protection and children subject of Care Requirements in accordance with the Children (Guernsey and Alderney) Law 2008.
- Key to this role will be having experience of undertaking a variety of needs and risk assessments that are evidence and theory based and undertaking joint investigations. In addition you will need to be well-versed in preparing assessments, statements and care plans for court, as well as giving evidence in court.
- Working in partnership with parents, colleagues and other agencies to ensure the child is central to any process is essential as is the ability to work with complex issues and analyse information as appropriate
- A competitive salary, generous pension scheme and a career pathway up to Advanced Social Worker is on offer.
- You will benefit from having your professional subscriptions paid, excellent training opportunities up to masters level and free parking across the Island including all of the Health and Social Care sites.
- Guernsey will also honour continuous service from the NHS or a local or public authority* in the UK for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and offer staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays.
- There is also the possibility of transferring your pension into the compulsory States of Guernsey Pension Scheme.
- We offer an attractive relocation package, which includes a lump sum of up to £5,000, rent allowance payable over 2 years and a house purchase grant.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current SWE registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.